Recently One of the best android phone Lg Optimus one P500 got its first Android 2.3.3 update , and it was very good news for its users. when it comes to rooting a question pop ups in mind – “how to root Optimus one with stock Gingerbread ?” and it is obvious for previous froyo root users.
Today we will root Lg optimus one P500 running on Stock Gingerbread 2.3.3 , with the help of tutorial below. if you are new to android and don’t know about rooting , benefits of rooting android then follow this article below to understand why we need root .
Instructions to Root Lg Optimus one P500 running Stock 2.3.3 Gingerbread
[ Method 1]
- First of all, grab root package from the link here
- And download needed driver pack from link here and install on pc then reboot pc
- Enable usb debugging mode by going to settings>applications>developer
- Extract root.rar to safe place like desktop
- Go to ADB folder , if you are on window 7 run cmd7.exe OR if you are using Windows xp then run cmdXP.exe .
- After starting cmd7 or cmdXP, type following commands
- After doing this, Reboot your phone
- Now go to root folder on desktop again, and start SuperOneClick.exe
- Select GingerBreak method and press root button
- Wait few seconds and its done.
(symbol will change to $ or #) and copy paste following command into your terminal
echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
If you wish update superuser app from android market.
[Credit: XDA -dubravk0]
[ Method 2 ]
- In First step we need to setup ADB on our pc , to setup ADB on your pc follow this article
- Install Android SDK on your windows PC , follow this guide
- After setting up all things , restart your pc
- Download SuperOneClick tool and install it
- In adb run this
adb devices adb shell echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
- After that open SuperOneClick and root using pneuter.
- Reboot phone and update Superuser from Market.
These rooting instructions works fine on LG Optimus One, it can have some problems while updating superuser, kept force closing, but after restart, it will work fine.