Well, as I promised yesterday to come up with how to article on Galaxy Note, so here I’m. In this post I’m going to discuss very simple method to install/ flash Note in few minutes with the latest firmware.
Yesterday, I published the post about the new official firmware update, which was released by Samsung to update the firmware of the Galaxy Note GT-N700 (available only in few Asian countries). So, before we begin with the installation process makes sure to check the firmware version of the device by typing: *#1234# and once the firmware version appear on the device, then make a note of the firmware version.
Disclaimer: Follow this Guide at your own risk and if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process, then AndroidFlip.com is not to be held responsible for the same. Please read all warnings, notes and then follow the steps carefully to install the Stock ROM.
(I) Know about everything
There are some things that you may know before flashing firmware on your phone, little bit huge so we separated it here – FAQ about firmware flashing on Samsung androids
(II) Preparing Your phone
1. Go to settings>>applications>>development and enable usb debugging
2. Follow this guide – Preparing your Android phone before upgrading / installing firmware
If you have rooted phone or using any custom ROM Then you will have to clear cache and wipe data which can do by booting your phone in recovery mode and select Wipe data/factory reset and also select wipe cache partition
3. Sync the device to take a backup of all the files like pictures, contacts, messages etc because after the firmware update, all the data present on the device is deleted.
4. Make sure, the device is charged (100%) and close software’s like firewall, Antivirus, Kies to ensure the proper installation of the firmware without any error.
(III) Download required things
- Download ODIN3 V1.85 – it is a tool that is used to flash firmware on your phone
- Drivers – Download and install drivers that are required to detect your phone by pc
- Download Firmware for your phone
- Download .PIT File
- An Archive (.zip / .rar) file extractor, usually all pc owners have this tool. In case you don’t have any use 7zip archive extractor
(IV) Instructions to Install Firmware
- In the very first step, extract the ODIN v1.85 that you have downloaded above.
- Now extract the firmware file with the help of 7zip extractor and find the file name with .tar.md5 as file extension and it will look like N7000XXKJ4_N7000OXXKJ4_N7000XXKJ4_HOME.tar.md5.
- Run the ODIN v1.85 program
5. Do not disconnect or turn off the device, wait until the firmware updates gets installed and reboots.
6. Lastly, again shutdown the device by selecting the proper key combination and reboot it.
7. Once it reboots just choose “wipe cache partition” from menu and clear the cache and again restart the phone to run the new firmware installed.
If you faced any problem , feel free to ask it via leaving comments below