Default recovery for galaxy ace have very limited options and for a root user it is nearly impossible to customize his phone without a custom recovery .
Here Clockwork mod recovery also known as CWM comes , its a custom recovery made by developers to unlock your rooted phone potential.
With clockwork mod recovery you can –
- Install zip from sdcard option will allow us to install Custom ROMs , Just put a .zip file and install , it is lot more easier option because no need to pc and Odin
- You can make full system backup on your sd card and restore them as well
- It allows you to mount several locations and also format SD card or SD card in ext.
- and it also have some advance options like reboot in recovery mode, wipe dalvik cache, report error, fix permissions and partition sdcard.
Clockwork mod recovery for galaxy ace is available , previously we also covered a topic on how to install clockwork mod recovery on galaxy ace. it was V 4.0.09
Now a new version 5 of CWM for galaxy ace came with some improvements, if you want to install cyanogen mod on galaxy ace then you will need this version.
Note: install only if your phone is running gingerbread
Installing clockwork mod recovery on galaxy ace is same as previous version , and very simple too 😉
- After downloading you will get a zip file, save it on desktop and don’t extract it
- Now connect your phone to pc and paste that zip file to SD card as it is
- Disconnect your phone from pc,
- Now Switch off your phone
- And in switch off condition, Press and hold Middle key + Power on key until you see default recovery
In this mode touch screen will not work , so use volume keys to navigate through options and middle key to select/confirm
- Select ‘Apply Update from SDcard’ option in recovery menu
- Browse and select zip file we copied in step 2
- Once done select reboot system now option
Congratulations!! You have successfully installed Clockwork Mod Recovery on your Galaxy Ace , whenever you will go to recovery (middle+power on key) you will see new CWM recovery instead of old