Very good news for Samsung galaxy ace users
Clockwork Mod Recovery for galaxy ace is officially available
Android phones have many good features inbuilt but when it comes to root user we need more custom option for using our phone at its best.
Android recovery mode is such a great and useful utility. with recovery mode we can flash .zip packages , clear cache and factory reset our phone.
Clockwork Mod Recovery is a extended recovery with many useful features like –
- Install zip from sdcard option will allow us to install Custom ROMs , Just put a .zip file and install , it is lot more easier option because no need to pc and Odin
- You can make full system backup on your sd card and restore them as well
- It allows you to mount several locations and also format SD card or SD card in ext.
- and it also have some advance options like reboot in recovery mode, wipe dalvik cache, report error, fix permissions and partition sdcard.
- To enjoy all of these features we will install Clockwork Mod recovery on our phone , so lets start -
- Install this recovery only if you are on gingerbread (2.3.x) firmware and also have root permissions. if you are not on gingerbread and root permissions then follow these guides first
Instructions to install Clockwork Mod Recovery
- After downloading you will get ‘ClockWorkModAce.zip’ file, save it on desktop and don’t extract it
- Connect your phone to pc and copy ‘ClockWorkModAce.zip’ file to SD card as it is
- Disconnect your phone from pc,
- Now Switch off your phone and in switch off condition,
- press and hold Middle key + Power on key until you see default recovery
In this mode touch screen will not work , so use volume keys to navigate through options and middle key to select/confirm
- Select ‘Apply Update from SDcard’ option in recovery menu
- Browse and select ‘ClockWorkModAce.zip’ file
- Once done select reboot system now option
You have installed Clockwork Mod Recovery on your Galaxy Ace successfully , whenever you will go to recovery (middle+power on key) you will see new CWM recovery instead of old