Another Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update for Samsung galaxy mini is live ,firmware version XXKPK which is the latest update is ready to download. Today we are going to tell you the process to update your galaxy mini with this firmware,
it is an European firmware but will work on other regions too. It released recent in these days and also official available by Samsung KIES in Russia
Build date – 21st July 2011
Installing Android 2.3.4 update on Samsung Galaxy Mini
Disclaimer: Follow this guide on your risk , during updating if your phone get bricked or damaged then androidflip.com is not responsible
- This update is only and only for Galaxy mini international version , and phones locked with network are not supported
- Upgrading will delete all phone memory so backup all your data like contacts,call log, messages and calendar. head over to this post about how to make backup of android phone before upgrading
- Charge your phone battery at least 70%
- Disable KIES ,antivirus , firewall on PC
- Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread firmware from this link OR Download via Link 2
- OPS file
- ODIN downloader tool for Galaxy mini
- First extract the Downloaded files , and save them on desktop like safe place [Password=samfirmware.com]
- Start the ODIN multi downloader.
- Click on OPS box in odin and select TASS_v1.0.ops
- Check One package check box then Click the One package box in ODIN , and select S5570XXKPK_S5570XXKPK_S5570SERKPK_HOME.Tar file
- Make sure you have checked auto reboot ,protect OPS too
- Now switch off your phone
- Now press and hold volume down and middle key. While holding both press power on key. it will boot your phone in download mode
- Connect your phone to PC with the help of USB cable , just after connecting you will see first box from left in odin will turn yellow and ADDED message will appear
- If you done all above step successfully then you can hit “START” button in odin to begin flashing process
- It will take few minutes to complete new firmware flashing process.
- When all completes your galaxy mini will restart.
Enjoy your new firmware!
- Change the phone language( Russian) according to your regional language. to do that go to Menu > Settings > Language > locale > languages. I know you can’t understand it in Russian language but remember icons shown in below video
- The last step is clearing cache of phone to make your latest rom more fresh , so Boot the phone in recovery mode (Press Middle key + Power on key in switch off mode) and delete all cache data it will make your phone freshy.
Voila you have updated Samsung galaxy mini to android 2.3.4 gingerbread firmware