Many AndroidFlip readers were asking for i9100G ICS firmware update guide, as kuldeep and I were busy in exams we didn’t publish any guide for this phone since a long time. Today I am posting a step by step guide to update your galaxy s2 i9100G to Android ICS 4.0.3
This firmware has come up with “ZCLP5” build code and gladly released for Chinese users. So let be prepare for wearing a new look for your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G.
Let’s check out some bright features of this new ICS first.
- More easy and comfort UI
- Better speed and process
- Better camera configuration
- More efficiency in all built in features and apps
- More options to increase battery life These are some few bright features of this new ICS cook. Also take a look on some updating info about the update below that gives you a quick introduction about the update.
Short info about the Update
- Firmware update- Android 4.0.3 ICS
- Build code – ZCLP5
- Only for – Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G
- Firmware status – Official for China/ Not yet official for all other countries
- Other limit – Don’t have any ETA
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any kind of damage to your phone while updating or applying this update, so do anything at your own risk.
Let’s come to the main task of today’s article that is updating, so just follow below steps in respected manner to achieve a efficient update.
Step 1. First check out some important rooting info about the update
- This is an official update, so there is no need to root your device “Samsung Galaxy S2” in advance.
- Note that your device will not become rooted after applying this update.
- If your device is rooted already than your rooting access will revoked after applying this update.
Step 2. Download these required files
Step 3. Prepare your phone (satisfy the below pre-requisites)
- First make backup of all your important things related to your phone such as- memory card, SMS, Contacts, Call logs, APN and MMS settings etc..
- Disable all kind of security suites and firewalls such as- KIES, antivirus to avoid interruption during the process.
- Must enable the USB debugging mode by following- Settings>> Applications>> Developments>> USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Ensure your Samsung Galaxy S2 is at least 70% charged.
Step 4. Task this below procedure to flash the firmware
1. First extract the downloaded ICS ZCLP5 firmware package in your PC.
2. Launch the downloaded Odin3 in your PC and keep it opened.
3. Also check in Odin’s left side under the options Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.
4. Switch off your phone and reboot it in download mode by pressing and holding “Volume down” + “Home” + “Power” simultaneously until a warning message is displayed.
5. Now press the “Volume Up” button to enter in download mode.
6. Connect your Galaxy S2 to your PC using USB cable.
7. Now come to the opened Odin, and check ID:COM section turn yellow and in message boxes “ADDED” appears, that means your phone is successfully connected and ready for update.
Note: If ID:COM doesn’t turns to yellow then
- You need to install USB drivers for your phone on the PC
- You must go to Settings -> Wireless & Network -> USB Settings and make sure that the “Samsung KIES” is checked before connecting your phone to your computer
8. In Odin browse and select below files in their corresponded tabs as same to the below manner
PDA: I9100G_CODE_I9100GZCLP5_CL440504_REVr07_user_low_s hip.tar.md5
9. After completing the above manner in Odin, click on “START” Button.
10. The flashing process will begin now, during this process do not disconnect the cable or turn off device, your phone will reboot when flashing is done.
Note: If Odin gets stuck in the middle of the installation process, you’ll need to do the following –
a) Disconnect the Galaxy S2 from the computer.
b) Close Odin.
c) Remove the Galaxy S2′s battery.
d) Re- insert the battery.
e) Reboot the phone in download mode again.
f) Resume the updating procedure from step 7.
Congratulation you have successfully installed the Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware. Now one step left is to clear the cache data to use a fresh and speeding android base. Use following steps:
- Restart the device in recovery mode by- switch it on by pressing and holding “Volume UP” + “Home” button simultaneously and then put the power on.
- Choose option “Wipe data/factory reset”>> “Wipe Cache partition” from the recovery menu.
- Now reboot your device by choosing “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
That’s all. You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G to official Android 4.0.3 ICS ZCLP5. For more queries heads over to XDA Developers forum
Thanks to AndroidAdvices