If you’re like most people, chances are that your pc or mobile is full of files in the wrong places. If you’re like me, chances are you’re not going to find that small text file where you’d saved the link of an interesting site but named it “asd.txt” in a hurry and saved it among a thousand photos, and hundreds of songs and videos.
Thus, there’s a need to keep your data organized, so that you can find whatever file you’re looking for in no time. In its short existence, Android has emerged as one of the most popular mobile operating systems and has become a fan favorite due to its user-friendly interface and app market.
File Manager ES is a great app for managing files on android devices and keeping them organized. It comes with following features -
- Can be downloaded for free
- User-friendly interface
- Doesn’t take much time to copy and move files
- All basic file operations available
Using File Manager ES
- When you first open the app, you see your files in panels. The number of panels can be changed by clicking on the play button at the top-right of the panel, choosing panels and then making your choice of adding/removing panels. The panels can also be split, expanded, shrunk, and repositioned according to your liking.
- You can also switch to the app’s sliding panel feature if you feel that your screen is getting cluttered up with panels. You can then swipe the screen to move from one panel to another.
- Performing basic operations like renaming, deleting, copying and moving are easy. Dragging and dropping, tapping, pinching and other common gestures make doing these operations an easy task.You can select multiple items by tapping the icons of the files/folders instead of their names.
- You also have the option of bookmarking folders to help you to instantly navigate to them when required.
- Although you can browse files to the root level, you can’t modify the read-write privileges of the folders. This is the only thing some users may find dissatisfactory.
If you’re impressed with the above features, give the app a try. Although it has competitors like Total Commander and Root Explorer, its ease of use and customizable panels are appreciated by many, make it one of the best android file managers in the Android App Market.