UPDATE : Latest and very stable official version of Android 2.3.4 is available , follow this guide to install
Update to the latest version of Android 2.3.4 for Samsung Galaxy Ace is available, but it is not official (and also not OTA – over the air update ) so we need to done it via pc . from April 18 this year, Samsung had released unofficially for 4 different firmware, Android 2.3.3 without releasing the official version of Kies.
After numerous tests we have noticed that the firmware as they were happening also to improve the performance and functionality of the phone. The Galaxy Ace greatly enhances Gingerbread with 2.3.3, just think of the video camera that can record three times larger. Samsung then thought of doing great things in releasing this version 2.3.4 .
We remind everyone that this is an unofficial version can be installed through Odin, follow instructions carefully and dont miss any step
Disclaimer: Follow this Guide on your risk and if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process, AndroidFlip.com is not responsible.
Requirements to start:
- Download needed drivers for your pc from here and install them
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v4.38 from here
- Download : Android 2.3.4 update file from here
Password : samfirmware.com
- Charge your phone battery at least 80% and using a Full charged laptop is better
- Uninstall KIES and disable firewall and antivirus in windows.
Instruction on How to Update Galaxy Ace to Android 2.3.4 gingerbread
(I) Now you have everything we need, now you need to go and set Odin on PC.
- Extract the firmware . RAR file in a folder
- install drivers on PC
- Run Odin Multi Downloader v4.38.exe [Right click on it and run it as administrator , if you are using windows 7]
- Tick the check boxes ‘Auto Reboot’ & ‘Protect OPS’ [see image below]
- Click on OPS and select the .Ops file
- Click on BOOT and select the file called APBOOT
- Click on PHONE and select the file called MODEM
- Click on PDA and select the file called CODE
- Click on CSC and select a file called CSC
WARNING: Do not select anything in EFS
(II) Now we are ready to start update
- Boot your phone in download mode via pressing Middle Key(OK Key) +Volume Down Key and while holding both press power on key
- Now you can connect your phone to PC via USB cable
Note: Don’t proceed if you are unable to put your phone in Download Mode
- When you will connect your phone to PC, you will see in Odin first box from left will turn yellow and in message box, it shows ADDED. this mean your phone is connected successfully
- Press START in Odin and it will start upgrading process
This process will take several minutes, don’t disconnect or stop this process otherwise you will have a dead Galaxy ACE
let the phone reboots itself and after it you can disconnect, congratulations you have installed latest android 2.3.4 Gingerbread firmware successfully
Clearing cache data:
During flashing process , some cache data is stored on your phone, so we have to clear it -
- Boot your phone in recovery mode by Pressing and holding Middle key and while holding it press power on key
- your phone will boot in recovery mode and you will see a menu with some options ,In recovery touch didint work you have to use volume up/down keys to go through options and press middle key to select
- select Wipe data/factory reset and select Wipe Cache partition
- Now reboot your system by selecting reboot system now.
Follow this guide if you want to root your Galaxy Ace with 2.3.4 firmware