Previously we updated our Samsung Galaxy s2 to android 2.3.4 XXKG2 firmware, and all works fine. Just after launching of XXKG2 , another improved version – XXKG3 is leaked by samfirmware.com . Although this leaked firmware not comes with a big changelog and major changes but some minor bugs faced in previous version are fixed .
Feedback from samfirmware.com users -
- Better Battery backup
- better internet than old XXKG2
- Some portrait or landscape video issue fixed
- Review picture after I taking fixed
- built in SIP calling
Above feedbacks are really Good signs for XXKG3 firmware . we know having latest firmware is always better so if you are using XXKG2 OR XXKG1 firmware then install this firmware now.
Things You must know before installing XXKG3:
- This firmware update is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. so don’t try to flash it on any other phone
- it is not an official version , it’s a leaked (beta) version .
- we have to install it via ODIN , via samsung KIES this update is not possible
- It doesn’t require ROOT permissions
- After installing XXKG3 your warranty will not void ,because updating and rooting are two different tasks
- If you have rooted s2 then flashing this firmware will unroot it
- It is not 100% stable version , but you will never feel that its an incomplete version
- It is only applicable to Unlocked devices, devices running under contract and locked with network are not compatible
- You can update any Samsung Galaxy S2 Phone with this update irrespective of region and place
Preparing things before upgrading:
- This update will erase all data form internal memory so you have to backup everything from phone memory , like contacts,SMS,calendar,emails. you can sync your contacts with Google account. move all data from internal memory to SD card. for data error prevention you can save all things to your PC
- also your APN,MMS settings will reset. you can also Note down them if your network provider is lazy to sending settings on request
- Remove SIM card and external Micro SD cards
- Full Charge your phone battery because we need enough power during flashing process , discharged phone may switch off during flashing process and it will dead your phone
Download Required files :
Download complete package from here Hit a big thanks to androidadvices they have uploaded this big package for us.
Instruction for Updating Samsung Galaxy S2 to android 2.3.4 gingerbread XXKG3 firmware.
- Extract downloaded package using password = androidadvices.com
- Run “ODIN3 v1.83.exe” from the extracted folder Now check ‘Re-Partition’ and ‘Reboot’, and ‘F.Reset Time’ are turned on.
- Now switch off your phone
- boot it in download mode , to do that press and hold volume down and middle key and while holding both press power on key
if your phone is unable to boot in download mode don’t proceed to next step ,please try again until it boot in download mode
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable
- you will see first box from left in ODIN will turn yellow and in message box it shows “ADDED” , it indicates that phone is sucessfully connected to PC and ready
- Now its time to select firmware files from the extracted package , please double check before proceeding to next step that you have selected correct file for each box
click on PIT and select u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit,
click on PDA and select CODE_I9100XXKG3_CL401405_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5,
click on Phone and select MODEM_I9100XXKG3_REV_02_CL1040774.tar.md5,
- Now hit “START” button located in right side of ODIN
- this will take 5 minutes to complete, when it completes it will show “PASS” in green box
- After it your phone automatically will reboot, now you can unplug your phone from PC
Congratulation you have installed android 2.3.4 gingebread XXKG3 firmware successfully , but we have one more task to complete, we need to clear cache (saved on phone during update process).
- boot your phone in recovery mode ,to do that press and hold VOLUME UP and MIDDLE KEY ,while holding both press POWER ON
- you will see your phone booted in recovery mode , in recovery mode touch screen will not work so use volume UP and Down navigate through options and MIDDLE KEY to confirm
- choose “wipe cache partition” from menu
- it will clear the cache data
- now select reboot system now
if you faced any problem , feel free to ask it via leaving comments below
[Image Credit] and [source] : androidadvises