Previously Samsung Droid Charge received android 2.3.4 Gingerbread EP1F firmware . this firmware release is not official and it is not a final version. Verizon didn’t released it officially yet. so as always we need to install it manually on our Droid charge.
This ROM is uploaded by MyDroidWorld forum member p3droid. This ROM is tested, it is very stable and working smoothly. This ROM is to be flashed via ODIN. there are two options available for users
- Full factory Stock ROM
- Pre Rooted ROM
if you want to keep warranty and complete factory ROM then choose 1st option and if you are familiar with rooting and don’t care about warranty then you can go for second option.
We are Going to install this ROM via ODIN , which is a tool for Samsung phones to Flash ROMs. I tried to make this guide very easy for you , and don’t confused if you are not familiar with ODIN,Flashing etc. just Follow this step by step guide and enjoy taste of latest Gingerbread on your Droid Charge.
Disclaimer: Follow this Guide on your risk and if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process, AndroidFlip.com is not responsible.
- You will need 7z to uncompress these files. Download
- Download ODIN
- Samsung USB Drivers. Download drivers for 32bit Windows | 64bit Windows.
- Stock ROM (Untouched ,Non rooted). [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]
- Pre Rooted Stock ROM [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2] [Mirror 3 ]
- Full Official Froyo Buid – EE2 (if you want to revert back to froyo )
Instructions to Install Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread EP1H Firmware On Samsung Droid Charge
- Extract “ODIN_DoridCharge.zip” and put it on desktop or any safe place
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC, these drivers allow your PC to connect properly
- Both ROMs are in (.7z) format , this format can be extracted by 7zip manager that we already downloaded . after extracting .7z ROM file you will get a .tar file . put this (.tar) file on desktop
- Run “Odin3 v1.85.exe” and click on PDA to select the (.tar) ROM file you extracted in previous step
- Put your phone in download mode
- and connect it to the PC via USB.
- You will see a message “ADDED” appears in message box of ODIN, this means you are ready to start updating process
- Now hit the “START” button from ODIN , it will start flashing process
- it will take some time don’t disconnect during this process
- Once the ROM is installed, your phone will reboot itself . Now you can unplug your device from PC .
That’s it! Your phone is successfully updated to 2.3.4 Gingerberad EP1H Firmware .
For any reason if you want to revert back to original froyo firmware you can download it via this link — Full Official Froyo Buid – EE2 . installing factory default froyo firmware is easy , follow above step as it is only change the firmware (.tar) file .
if you faced any problem, feel free to ask it via leaving comments below