Latest Gingerbread Update is now officially released , you can follow this guide
Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread for Lg Optimus one is ready to rock and roll , although this is not available officially or OTA.
This firmware is a leaked version that can be installed on your phone manually. leaked firmwares are like beta testing firmwares. but dont worry it is fully tested and will not cause any major issue , this is tested by many peoples and us.
here is a guide to install gingerbread on your optimus one P500 . but before going to install you need to know few things about this update.
- This update is only and only for Lg Optimus one P500
- Phone locked with the network are not supported like T-Mobile, AT&T . CDMA Optimus one phones are also not supported
- This Gingerbread update is not 100% stable , there are some bugs flying around but we hope developers will fix this as soon as possible.
- This is an official release but we are installing it manually via pc , So follow with care and on your risk
- Download Gingerbread 2.3.3 firmware from here
- Download firmware updating software from here
- Download usb drivers for pc
- PC & at least 80% charged phone
- USB cable of your Optimus one
- Hold the Home and Volume Down button
- While holding both Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
Instructions to install Gingerbread 2.3.3 on LG Optimus One:
- First uninstall all lg related softwares from pc , then install drivers downloaded in required section.
- Once drivers installed reboot your pc
- After downloading firmware updater , extract “KDZ FW UPD EN.zip” archive to desktop or any safe place.
- To install updater run “msxml” on your windows pc by double clicking it.
- Now we need to enable USB Debugging mode, to do that Press menu>settings>application>developement and check USB Debugging
- Now Connect your LG Optimus One to pc without turning on USB storage on your phone.
- Run “KDZ_FW_UPD” from the folder you extracted in st step
- In the software update window, select Type as 3GQCT
- Select PhoneMode as DIAG
- Select “V20E_00.kdz” file in the field of KDZ file
- Press Launch software update , now it will start update for your phone
- You will see “Emergency mode” while update process is running
- This update procedure will take some time . in my case it was about 10-15 minutes.
During this process Dont disconnect your phone OR stop KDZ updater
When process will finish , you can disconnect your phone from pc. Switch on your pc and you will see Gingerbread running on your phone, Congratulations you have successfully installed 2.3.3 Gingerbread on Lg Optimus one P500.
If you want to root your phone then follow any of these guides, for newbies who dont know about rooting can read about rooting here
if you faced any problem feel free to ask it via comments below