It has now become a week when the latest Android 4.4.2 firmware update had released with fixed camera and battery related issues. The last update (Oct. 6, 2013) for Moto X had some limitation about network provider and now it has available for the US AT&T variant. This latest update had version coded as 165.44.1.en.US .
It has now come along with several enhancements and improvements such as fixed battery life bugs, data connectivity bug while travelling on a global scale, sync issue with Microsoft exchange. Enhancement such as direct print facility from your phone and Google cloud.
Additionally, you will find below changes in your Camera app in this update
- Improved capture in natural light, with the Auto white balance, and the colour accuracy for more precise exposure in backlit and outdoor scenes
- A faster touch to focus time and a reduced unnecessary refocusing in the low light conditions and in the scenes where there is continuous motion
- Faster switching between the rear and front cameras and even a faster switching between the viewfinder and gallery app
Sample expressing the improvements in camera
Procedure to Update
[Method 1] Over the Air
If you have received a notification message for this update in your phone
- Select “Download“.
- After the software is downloaded, select “Install now“.
- After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically and updated with 165.44.1.ghost_att.ATT.en.US
[Method 2] Manually Over the Air
If you have not received a notification message for this update, follow the steps below to manually update your phone:
- Select the Settings icon in the apps menu.
- Follow About phone >>System updates >>Download.
- After the software is downloaded, select “Install“.
- After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically and updated to 165.44.1.ghost_att.ATT.en.US
[Method 3] Manually via PC Tool
If both methods from above will not work, then use below instructions:
- Download “Motorola device Manager (MDM)” in your PC. It is available for both windows and Mac.
- Connect your phone with computer via USB cable.
- Run MDM application, which will then show you the following screen. Which mean it will automatically connects to the internet and check the latest update for your device.
- If an update will found, then just follow the on-screen instruction to update.
Connecting Issue: If MDM does not detect your phone, then you you have to follow-
Device >> Settings >> Developer Options >> Turn Off USB Debugging. Next disconnect and reconnect the phone and choose MTP [Media Device] as connecting mode so that MDM should be able to connect with your device.
So if you are still not upgraded your Moto X, then upgrade it now. Also let’s us know is it really improve your Moto X or not.