A new improved update over the previous platforms of Android 4.2.1 jellybean has recently rolled out via Samsung as officially for Galaxy Note N7000. Previous versions of jellybean for galaxy note as DDLSC & XXLSZ reported some issues and bug fixes related to camera and overheating, so this new update is launched for resolve this issues and bugs.
This improved update has dubbed as XXLT4 build code and available via OTA & KIES. Traditionally the offline method via ODIN has also a way to install this update which is described below in some easy steps.
Disclaimer: There is potential risk in flashing firmware manually, so do it on your risk, I am not responsible if something went wrong.
Tutorial to update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with XXLT4
First! download some required files
Second! prepare and fill up some requirements
- Follow this guide to- Preparing your Android phone before upgrading / installing firmware
- Enable the USB debugging mode in your galaxy Note. Follow this guide to learn- How to Enable USB Debugging mode in all Android Phones
Third! follow below procedure to flash the firmware
- Extract the downloaded firmware archive and get the firmware files.
- Extract Odin package and run Odin3 v3.07 application.
- Switch off your galaxy note.
- Reboot your galaxy note in download mode by- press and hold “Volume down” + “Menu” button and then the power button simultaneously.
- Connect your note to PC via USB cable.
- Check Odin, ID:COM section turns yellow or blue shaded and “Added” message arrive, refers that the phone is perfectly connected.
Image credit to Androidlegend
- Now click on PDA tab and fill the respective field with a file has “.tar.md5” extension from extracted XXLT4 firmware folder.
- Check options Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.
- Click on “Start” button to begin the flashing process and wait.
- After completion of flashing, device will automatically reboot and a message “PASS” appears in ODIN. Here just unplug your phone.
You have successfully updated your Galaxy Note N7000 with new XXLT4 official Android 4.1.2 jellybean firmware.